Benefits of a Home Energy Tune-uP®
- Increase the comfort of your home
- Saves money on your utilities bills
- Add value to your home when you implement the recommendations
- Tax deductions in some cases
- Reduce pollution and greenhouse gas
The energy auditor will examine, measure, and evaluate the factors that affect energy use in your home, finding all energy saving opportunities.
About your Home Energy Tune-uP® Report
- The information gathered during the energy audit is analyzed using specialized software to produce a comprehensive Home Energy Tune-uP® Report.
- The Report shows which energy-efficiency improvements would reduce energy costs and make the home more comfortable.
- The analysis takes into account regional variables such as local weather, implementation costs, and fuel prices.
- The Report contains estimates of the savings, costs and payback for each energy- efficiency recommendation.
- The Report identifies the group of improvements that, if financed, will save more on energy bills than it costs. These are the improvements that everyone can make since they require no out-of-pocket cost when financed.
- The detailed recommendations section enables contractors to provide preliminary cost estimates without a visit to your home.
- It also explains how to get the best energy savings from these improvements by listing related no-cost low-cost measures that you can take.
Low Cost and No Cost Energy Saving Tips
- Set your thermostat comfortably low in the winter and comfortably high in the summer.
- Install a programmable thermostat that is compatible with your heating and cooling system.
- Use compact fluorescent light bulbs in the most commonly used rooms.
- Air dry dishes instead of using your dishwasher's drying cycle.
- Turn off your computer and monitor when not in use.
- Plug home electronics, such as TVs and DVD players, into power strips; turn the power strips off when the equipment is not in use (TVs and DVDs in standby mode still use several watts of power).
- Lower the thermostat on your water heater to 120°F.
- Take short showers instead of baths.
- Wash only full loads of dishes and clothes.
All services may not be offered or available in all locations. Please contact your local HomeTeam Inspection Service for a complete listing of their services. In addition, some or all of the services performed may be rendered by third party providers. Such third party providers are independent contractors and not employees, agents, partners or representatives of HomeTeam. HomeTeam does not warranty or disclaim representations made by third party providers.