Mold Inspection Services in Bloomington, MN
Local Mold Testing Experts You Can Trust
When you’re shopping for a new home or office space, you shouldn’t have to be worried that you’ll move in and find dangerous mold in dark and damp areas. Whether you’ve experienced water damage or noticed an unpleasant odor in your Bloomington, MN home or office building, it’s time to call in to see if you may have mold.
Our expert mold testers at HomeTeam of South Metro can help mitigate the risk of mold contamination. Mold can affect more than just indoor air quality. It can also produce toxins that are released into the air, posing severe health risks to humans and animals. The quality of mold remediation can vary from company to company, so choosing a business without strict guidelines and protocols for mold removal can lead to increased or recurring mold growth. It’s vital to hire the right team of qualified mold testers to assess, address, and eliminate the problem.
Let our mold testing specialists in Bloomington, MN assist you. Call (651) 829-6718 to schedule your mold inspection and test today!
Why You Need Mold Testing
Many property owners don’t realize that mold is an inconspicuous and dangerous entity living in dark and moist environments in homes and businesses. Even cars and other vehicles carry mold far more often than many people realize.
Potential effects of mold include:
- Increasing respiratory issues, such as wheezing, coughing, and upper respiratory infections
- Sensitivity to mold, which can cause chest and nasal congestion, sore throat, skin irritation, headaches, watery or dry eyes, and coughing
- Exacerbating chronic conditions usually caused by specific types of mold that produce mycotoxins
- Developing life-threatening illnesses, such as cancer, pulmonary bleeding, immune disorders, and more
These living fungi can grow virtually anywhere under the right conditions. Mold typically prefers damp, dark environments with temperatures ranging from 60 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit. Early detection of mold is a sure-fire way to reduce the chances of its harmful health effects on your loved ones.
6 Types of Mold to Look Out for in Your Home
It’s critical to know what kind of mold you’re dealing with to combat these potentially toxic fungi and preserve your family’s health and safety.
Some of the six most common include:
- Stachybotrys, or “black mold” – This type of mold is one of the most dangerous you’ll find, and it can grow in dark places in your home or business.
- Chaetomium – The most common mold found in homes is Chaetomium because it loves wet or damp environments. If you’ve recently experienced water damage to your property, check for this pesky fungus.
- Alternaria – Alternaria is a mold best known for inducing allergies and causing hypersensitivity reactions that could turn into asthma.
- Fusarium – Commonly found in plant debris and soil, Fusarium also likes very damp areas. Fortunately, it’s a reasonably harmless species of fungi.
- Penicillium – May sound familiar as it’s the fungi genus that gave the world the antibiotic Penicillin. When humans come into contact with Penicillium, it can cause headaches, itchy and watery eyes, runny nose, congestion, coughing, sneezing, and rashes.
- Aspergillus – This mold type is found in the air and can be hazardous to people with immune deficiencies.
Remember, not every kind of mold in your home or business is the same and shouldn’t be DIY abated. You should always call in a mold tester to inspect and remove mold at the source so it doesn’t have a chance to release into the air, becoming more hazardous to your family’s health.
Our mold inspection specialists make your safety a top priority by providing you with affordable and thorough mold inspections in Bloomington, MN.
For more information or to schedule your mold testing service, call (651) 829-6718.