Pest and Termite Inspections in Pittsburgh
Your Local Home Inspection Experts!
Ensure your home is free of damaging pests! When you need to discover the true value of a prospective home beneath the surface, getting a professional pest and termite inspection is crucial. At HomeTeam Inspections, we help homebuyers throughout Pittsburgh, and the surrounding areas uncover hidden damages that can seriously impact the quality of a prospective property. We're fast because of our team approach and advanced reporting software.
For fast, trusted, accurate inspections, allow HomeTeam to ensure your peace of mind. Call (412) 205-8245 to learn more or schedule your inspection online.
We're trusted as a national brand that's performed countless home inspections. We protect homebuyers, home-sellers, and estate professionals alike In the Pittsburgh area.
What is a WDO?
There are about 45 distinct species of Wood Destroying Organisms (WDOs), which are also called Wood Destroying Insects (WDIs), in the United States. They fall into one of three categories:
- Subterranean: They need contact with soil and build tunnels out of mud onto the wood from underground nests.
- Drywoods: These pests live in woos with low moisture and like to live in dry climates with older homes where the wood has completely cured.
- Dampwoods: While they don't require soil contact, thy need wood with higher moisture content and love humid areas or new constructions.
What is the process of a pest inspection?
While every pest and termite inspection job is unique and based off of what our professional home inspectors find, there is a typical process we follow that you can expect.
- Examine the exterior of the home for signs of pest infestation, such as cracks, holes, nests.
- Internal inspections are involve checking every nook and cranny of your potential new home's interior from the attic to the basement for signs of roaches, termites, and more.
- If we find anything we will collect proof.
- Finally we write up an evaluation of all our finds for you!
By using our pest and termite inspection services you're saving yourself time, money, and buyer's remorse!
Why is it important to get a termite inspection?
Not only does having a clean bill of health for your Pittsburgh home raise the value of the property, it also is required my most lending institutions because it is crucial to the health and longevity of a house. Did you know that pest inspections are required in most cases for VA loans? Termites can cause significant damage to properties and repairs can be incredibly expensive. Older homes are particularly susceptible to termites and termite damage. By doing a proactive termite inspection, you are helping to prevent future damage, as well as stop any current damage in its tracks.
- We're proud to offer our clients:
- Punctual service
- Flexible availability
- Quick responses
- Accurate reports
HomeTeam Inspections is a pest and termite inspection service in the Pittsburgh area that's committed to high-quality workmanship on every job. Our focused teams have completed inspections in more than 5,000 homes. We're accurate with our systematic approach and comprehensive reports—delivered fast through cloud-based technology.
Please call (412) 205-8245 today if you need to uncover hidden damage in a prospective purchase.
HomeTeam of South Pittsburgh(412) 205-8245
- Bethel Park
- East Pittsburgh
- Rural Ridge
- South Park
- Turtle Creek
- West Mifflin