Wind Mitigation Inspections in Spring Hill, FL
Learn More About HomeTeam's Wind Mitigation Inspection
Wind mitigation inspections report on the wind resistance features of a home, building, or structure. These inspections were developed to save Spring Hill homeowners money on home insurance by crediting them for features that mitigate the amount of damage that may occur during a hurricane or strong windstorm.
Make sure your home is prepared for the next storm. Contact us online to schedule a wind mitigation inspection!
What is a Wind Mitigation Inspection?
A wind mitigation inspection is the process of discovering how wind resistant your home or building is in the event of a hurricane or storm. Many small issues can cause big problems when a hurricane hits. Some things to look out for are how the roof is secured to your home, the shape of your roof, and if there are places where water intrusion could occur.
Our certified inspector will go over your Spring Hill home and property's wind-resistant features. This can include doors, windows, roofing, and more. These types of inspections are common in areas, such as Florida, where hurricanes can happen. Once we have conducted our inspection, we will provide you with a detailed report to help you see where you can improve your wind mitigation features, as well as seek discounts!
What does a Wind Mitigation Inspection report cover?
Typically the reports and wind premium discounts* are based on an inspection of these 7 features:
- Building Code (up to 86%) - Our inspectors will check if your home or building complies with the appropriate building codes for the year it was built.
- Roof Covering (up to 11%) - This section is to check what materials your roof is made of. Examples include shingles, metal, concrete/slate/clay tiles, or wood shakes.
- Roof to Deck Attachment (up to 9%) - We will check what nails were used to secure your roof and how long and spaced out they are. This step is to make sure your roof is securely attached to the rafters.
- Roof to Wall Attachment (up to 35%) - This section of the report is to check what attachment method was used to secure the roof to the walls. Some common ways our inspectors will be looking for are double wraps, single wraps, toenails, anchor bolts, clips, or other attachments.
- Roof Shape (up to 47%) - Does your home or building have a hip roof, flat roof, or other types of roof shape? This can affect its wind resistance. The ideal shape for your roof is a hip roof.
- Secondary Water Resistance (SWR) (% will vary) - We will check to see if there is an added layer of protection beneath the first layer of your roof. This extra layer helps protect against water intrusion.
- Opening Protection (up to 44%) - Our inspectors will check additional areas of your home or building such as doors and windows for how resistant they are to wind and debris. We look for shatterproof windows and whether or not everything is properly sealed and braced.
*Discounts may vary based on your insurance policy and/or state regulations. Your insurance agent is best prepared to assist you in determining your eligibility for mitigation credits and discounts.
A wind mitigation inspection can help you protect your home from damage caused by severe weather and save you money on your home insurance. Several states, including Florida, require insurance companies to reduce rates for homes that have specific wind mitigation features that make them better equipped to withstand storms. Having a wind mitigation inspection on your home can help you reduce the costs of your insurance premium. In many cases, your wind mitigation report will be certified for 5 years after the inspection.
Wind mitigation inspections are an important step in securing your home or building against a hurricane. Call (352) 306-3064 to learn more.
Who is Eligible for the Wind Premium Discount?
Single-family homes and multi-family dwellings may be eligible for the credits and discounts. Mitigation premium discounts are based on nine different credit points that can only be determined by a certified wind mitigation inspector. Contact your insurance agent or local HomeTeam Inspection Service for more information.
How do I take advantage of the insurance discounts?
Contact HomeTeam to schedule a certified inspector to perform a wind mitigation inspection on your home in Spring Hill or surrounding area. We will inspect, photograph, and report the key features of the home that decrease the amount of damage that may occur during a hurricane or strong windstorm.
After the inspection, you will receive a report that verifies all the wind resistant features that will provide insurance credits for your home. Submit this report to your insurance company, who will then give you an estimate of your premium savings. Savings are based on the likelihood of your home to incur costly repairs if faced with a windstorm or hurricane.
Trust HomeTeam of Citrus Hernando for Your Wind Mitigation Inspection!
Our detailed, careful approach to home inspections has earned us the trust of our Spring Hill clients. By providing our high-quality team approach to our wind mitigation inspection services, we are able to provide you with the peace of mind you deserve during a potentially stressful time. Nothing is overlooked by our trained and experienced home inspectors..
We also offer a variety of home inspection services and cover every area of your potential new home. From the top of the roof to the foundation, we got it covered! And because open and transparent communication is our most valuable tool, you can rest assured knowing we’re here for you!
Contact us online today to get started!