Aging-in-Place Home Inspections
Home Inspections for Ultimate Peace of Mind
At HomeTeam, we’re dedicated to making sure you have the ultimate peace of mind in a variety of scenarios, from buying to selling your home. As aging-in-place becomes more common, we’ve been able to help make sure countless senior citizens have a truly safe place to live by delivering inspections with senior citizens in mind. With HomeTeam, you can expect every inspection we perform to be fast, trustworthy, and accurate.
What is Aging-in-Place?
As time passes, more and more individuals are deciding to age-in-place in their homes rather than moving to a nursing home or assisted living facility. This allows senior citizens the chance to live comfortably and safely, all while not having to worry about the large price tags, restrictive visiting schedules, and loss of freedom that comes with traditional senior living facilities – as well as a range of other benefits.
Some benefits of aging-in-place include:
- More Comfortable – There truly is no place like home. Not only do nursing homes run the chance of being stuck with a roommate, but nursing homes do also not provide the familiar scenery and comfortability that comes with being in your home with all your things.
- Peace of Mind – With so many nursing homes and facilities out there, it’s hard to know exactly who you may be working with. Aging-in-place can give you and your family the peace of mind needed that you’ll be in a safe, healthy, and happy place!
- Independence – To many, nursing homes represents a loss of freedom and overall reduced quality of life. Staying in your home can give you the independence and self-determination you need, while still having the option to add additional care or help at your discretion.
- Costs Much Less – Nursing homes and other assisted living facilities are very expensive, ranging anywhere from $4,000 a month to more than $100,000 annually for full nursing care. And with a mortgage that is most likely paid off, it’s far more cost-effective to remain in the home and make any adjustments needed to ensure comfort and safety.
If you’ve decided that aging-in-place is for you, it’s important to have your home inspected by a team of professionals. In fact, a home inspection is one of the best moves a senior citizen can make to ensure their ability to age in place safely and comfortably in their current home. HomeTeam Inspection Service is here to offer you the peace of mind you need to move forward.
What Do We Look for During Our Home Inspections?
When you hire HomeTeam, we’ll look over the house top to bottom to ensure accessibility, maneuverability, and overall safety for elderly residents. Once our inspection is completed, we’ll make various recommendations on modifications that should be made by you or a contractor.
Some of the things we identify during our aging-in-place home inspections include:
- Potential tripping hazards via cords, rugs, mats, or carpets
- Uneven, broken, or cracked walkways or driveways
- Faulty electrical wiring that may cause a fire
- Needed height adjustments of appliances throughout the home
- Width of doors, hallways, and other areas in the home
Our home inspectors use a comprehensive aging-in-place checklist to ensure we’re able to provide an in-depth report of potential safety hazards in the home. And due to our years of experience and unique approach to all home inspection services, we’re able to complete the inspection in half time it would take the competition. Instead of sending out one inspector, we send out a team – ready to deliver you a comprehensive report as soon as possible!