Aging-in-Place Home Inspections
Home Inspections for Ultimate Peace of Mind
At HomeTeam, we’re dedicated to making sure you have the ultimate peace of mind in a variety of scenarios, from buying to selling your home. As aging-in-place becomes more common, we’ve been able to help make sure countless senior citizens have a truly safe place to live by delivering inspections with senior citizens in mind. With HomeTeam, you can expect every inspection we perform to be fast, trustworthy, and accurate.
What is Aging-in-Place?
As time passes, more and more individuals are deciding to age-in-place in their homes rather than moving to a nursing home or assisted living facility. This allows senior citizens the chance to live comfortably and safely, all while not having to worry about the large price tags, restrictive visiting schedules, and loss of freedom that comes with traditional senior living facilities – as well as a range of other benefits.
Some benefits of aging-in-place include:
- More Comfortable – There truly is no place like home. Not only do nursing homes run the chance of being stuck with a roommate, but nursing homes do also not provide the familiar scenery and comfortability that comes with being in your home with all your things.
- Peace of Mind – With so many nursing homes and facilities out there, it’s hard to know exactly who you may be working with. Aging-in-place can give you and your family the peace of mind needed that you’ll be in a safe, healthy, and happy place!
- Independence – To many, nursing homes represents a loss of freedom and overall reduced quality of life. Staying in your home can give you the independence and self-determination you need, while still having the option to add additional care or help at your discretion.
- Costs Much Less – Nursing homes and other assisted living facilities are very expensive, ranging anywhere from $4,000 a month to more than $100,000 annually for full nursing care. And with a mortgage that is most likely paid off, it’s far more cost-effective to remain in the home and make any adjustments needed to ensure comfort and safety.
If you’ve decided that aging-in-place is for you, it’s important to have your home inspected by a team of professionals. In fact, a home inspection is one of the best moves a senior citizen can make to ensure their ability to age in place safely and comfortably in their current home. HomeTeam Inspection Service is here to offer you the peace of mind you need to move forward.
What Do We Look for During Our Home Inspections?
When you hire HomeTeam, we’ll look over the house top to bottom to ensure accessibility, maneuverability, and overall safety for elderly residents. Once our inspection is completed, we’ll make various recommendations on modifications that should be made by you or a contractor.
Some of the things we identify during our aging-in-place home inspections include:
- Potential tripping hazards via cords, rugs, mats, or carpets
- Uneven, broken, or cracked walkways or driveways
- Faulty electrical wiring that may cause a fire
- Needed height adjustments of appliances throughout the home
- Width of doors, hallways, and other areas in the home
All of our home inspectors are experienced professionals who know how to look for potential hazards. They have been highly trained in the aging-in-place checklist, as well as other types of assessment techniques, so that you can feel safe and secure in knowing that your home is up to code. Our inspectors not only have an eye for potential safety issues, they also know how to minimize any risk factors which may come up during the inspection.
In addition to providing an in depth and thorough report, our team of professional inspectors are also dedicated to ensuring the job gets done quickly and efficiently. We understand that time is of the essence and because of this we’ve streamlined our process in order to save you time and money. By sending out a team rather than just one inspector, we’re able to complete the job in half the typical time it takes most home inspection companies.
By combining our reliable service with accuracy and speed, you can trust that our home inspectors will be able to give you the peace of mind knowing your home is up to code. So whether you’re looking for a basic inspection or a comprehensive home inspection report, you can trust us here at The HomeTeam Inspection Service, Inc.!